I spent a lot of time, and a lot of money, looking for an All-Purpose gluten free Flour Mix that I loved… I did not find one. The store-bought versions were, for the most part, not great, and expensive. I also did not want to mix my flour together every time I decided to bake. I wanted the convenience of a ready made, in the canister all purpose flour that I could “grab and go”! I wanted it to taste like wheat flour, and I wanted to be able to use it in most recipes calling for all purpose wheat flour.
So, here is my final recipe. Notice that you have some options here, depending on what you want from your flour mix. More nutrition, add in bean flour or sorghum flour in place of the corn flour. Just be aware that bean flour and sorghum will have a different taste in your final product.
Grandma’s All purpose GF Flour
Published: January 28, 2013
- Yield: 4.5 cups
- Prep: 10 mins
I spent a lot of time, and a lot of money, looking for an All-Purpose gluten free Flour Mix that I loved… I did not find one. The …
- 1 24 oz bag brown rice flour
- 1 24 oz bag white rice flour
- 1 14 oz bag tapioca flour
- 1 16 oz box sweet rice flour also known as Mochiko
- 2 cups corn/sorghum/potato flour
- 8 teaspoon xanthan gum
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl. Just make sure to mix very well. Store in a cool, dry place.
- Skill Level: Beginner