Grandma’s GF Lemon Cake
Published: March 10, 2015
- Yield: 1 9 x 5 loaf (10 Servings)
- Prep: 10 mins
- Cook: 50 mins
- Ready In: 60 mins
Notice how moist and delicious gluten free cakes can be!
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon zest
- 2 teaspoon lemon extract
- 1 1/2 cups Gluten-Free Grandma’s All-Purpose Flour Mix
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup confectioners sugar
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Cut a piece of parchment paper the size of the bottom of your pan. Spray pan with cooking spray, then place the parchment paper in the bottom of the pan. (wax paper works too)
- In the large bowl of your electric mixer add eggs, sugar, and buttermilk. With whisk attachment turn to medium speed. Whisk until well combined.
- Pour in the oil slowly while the mixer is running.
- Add lemon zest and lemon extract and whisk till well combined.
- In a smaller bowl combine dry ingredients, flour, baking powder, and salt. Stir together well.
- Remove whisk attachment from your mixer and add paddle attachment. With mixer on low add in the dry ingredients (small bowl) . Once combined, stop mixer.
- Pour batter into your prepared loaf pan. Bake for 50 minutes, then check with toothpick inserted in the center – if it comes out clean the loaf is done.
- While loaf is cooling, prepare the glaze.
- In small bowl stir together the confectioners’ sugar and lemon juice.
- While loaf is still warm, and still in the loaf pan, take a toothpick and poke holes all over the top of the cake. Pour the lemon glaze by spoonfuls over the top of the cake. The holes will allow the glaze to soak in the cake.
- Cool completely. Store covered in the refrigerator. Or can be wrapped well and kept in the freezer.