I sent my husband (AKA the Gluten-Free Papa) to the grocery in search of Cod Fish so I could make some of these fish sticks for the kids. He went to Costco. We now have enough fish sticks to last us for the next 30 years, but what a success! This recipe results in crispy, tender, yummy fish sticks that are not greasy or fried. Delicious! Also this same coating is wonderful if you want to make chicken nuggets!
Crispy Baked Gluten-Free Fish Sticks Recipe
Published: February 11, 2013
- Yield: 30 fish sticks (10-12 Servings)
- Prep: 30 mins
- Cook: 16 mins
- Ready In: 46 mins
I sent my husband (AKA the Gluten-Free Papa) to the grocery in search of Cod Fish so I could make some of these fish sticks for the …
- 3 eggs beaten
- 2.5 pounds cod fish fresh
- .5 cup Gluten-Free Grandma’s All-Purpose Flour Mix
- 3 cups Rice Chex cereal
- 2 tablespoons olive oil extra virgin
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- .5 teaspoon pepper
- Preheat the oven to 450º
- Spread the olive oil on the bottom of a baking pan and preheat the pan in the oven so it’s nice and hot.
- Cut the fish into 3/4″ thick sticks
- Carefully remove the baking pan from the oven and arrange the fish sticks on the hot pan. Return to the oven.
- Dredge the fish – first in the GFGrandma’s Flour Mix, then in the egg, then in the Rice Chex Crumbs. Set aside on a plate.
- Bake for 7 minutes on one side, then turn fish sticks over, and bake for another 7 minutes on the other side.