I certainly am not the cook in our family – my mother is. In fact, I royally screwed up this recipe when I first tried it. But thankfully, it still turned out edible. (My poor kids…)
I originally found this recipe on another blog (not gluten-free), but it called for Panko bread crumbs… It still sounded delish, so I decided to give it a try by replacing the panko with crushed Rice Chex cereal. So tasty!
Cheesy “Mac and Cheese” Quinoa Recipe
Published: February 28, 2013
- Yield: 2 cups (4 Servings)
- Prep: 20 mins
- Cook: 12 mins
- Ready In: 32 mins
I certainly am not the cook in our family – my mother is. In fact, I royally screwed up this recipe when I first tried it. But …
- Prepare quinoa according to package directions until fully cooked. Keep Warm.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Prepare (4) individual ramekins by spraying lightly with non-stick spray.
- Whisk together the egg and milk in a large bowl. Fold in the quinoa and cheddar cheese. Add a pinch of salt and pepper.
- Stir well, allowing the cheese to begin to melt (from the heat of the quinoa).
- Transfer to prepared ramekins and bake for 20-25 minutes, sprinkle parmesan on top and bake for an additional 10 minutes.